When we first started planning our wedding we decided that we wanted it to be simple, romantic and handmade. My Mum suggested that we have petal confetti and very kindly offered to make it for us! So she set about collecting rose petals and bluebells from her garden and her friends volunteered plenty too. It turned out beautifully!
If you would like petal confetti for your wedding but aren’t getting married in the summer then you can simply pick the flowers when they bloom and store them away until your wedding! Here are my Mum’s top tips :
- Make sure the petals are dry, with no dew or moisture.
- Spread the petals out on trays to dry out properly.
- You can pop some in the microwave for short bursts to dry them out also.
- The bluebells dried out best in a metal tray under my parents’ wood burner.
- Store them somewhere dark in airtight containers.
Happy confetti making!
Photographs by the fantastic Antony Turner!
What a beautiful idea. I love this so much! Hope you had a fantastic day 🙂
Thank you Jess! It was perfect 🙂
This is a lovely idea. Gorgeous pics too!
Sent from my iPhone
Thank you very much! Our photographer was fantastic and my Mum’s confetti was great 🙂
Such beautiful photos!!! And isn’t your mum the best for organising the petals??
She totally is the best 🙂 And thank you!
Wonderful idea and gorgeous pics. Congratulations!
Thank you lovely!
The bluebells work so well with the rose petals and the photos are gorgeous!
Yes I think they went so nicely together! Thank you 🙂